Monday, January 25, 2010

I am Puerto Rican, and a Basketball player






Well when i look at my finished project I get this feeling of satisfaction, because i know that i was really able to express and show people and things that are important in my life. I feel that by finishing and doing this project it shows people another side of me that i don't normally talk or mention. Through out the process of completing this project I was kind of worried that it would not come out the way i pictured it. But with the help of Ms. Roberts and Mr. Brooks i was able to get my ideas down and still follow Ms. Roberts outline. I have to say following the outline was the hardest part and really putting everything i wanted into it. I went through several sketches in my sketch book before i found one that I really enjoyed and the went along with the outline. Some of the strengths of my art work would be the organization, and the way i wanted things to go. A weakness was following the outline but i think i did a really good job at sticking to my idea and also changing it to fight the outline. I also allowed more of my family, and culture to be shown through this piece because i drew the flag really big, and i also put the all the pictures of my family. I wasn't really trying to show my love for sports because most people know that's one thing i do love and i do, so i was trying to put things that i normally don't show or talk about. But at the end of the project i felt happy with what i did and how it came out.

12 comments:

  1. It was easy to tell what was most important to you by looking at the portrait. You also did a great job by emphasizing the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adi --
    I loved how you showed your pride of being Puerto Rican. I also liked how you showed size to represent the importance of things in your life. The bball hoop showed your loooove of playing the game and the pictures of your family showed how important family is to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you could tell that you care so much about where you come from and how important your family and traditions are to you. The placement of your portrait was good also because it proved that your family and you all come from the same place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adi i really liked the flag on yours it showed alot about what is really important to you. And of course you put basketball in yours! and I think that the pictures of your familys showed that you have alot of family and that it really means somthing to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adi, your art work was really cool! I really liked how the flag was the biggest and most colorful part of your piece, it really showed how important your culture is to you. All of the pictures of you family were organized really nicely and because they were put in rows it kind of created leading lines to lead your threw them all. I also liked how all of the piece was organized from most important at the top to the less important at the bottom and by size (most important being bigger). Also the pole that the flag was on sort of acted like a way for you to go threw the picture by following it. It was very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used the color of the flag at the tope of the picture. It felt like it served as a heading, like a backdrop of your life. I like too how the colors like red repeated themselves for emphasis, it had a really nice affect good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adi I liked the way you did the layout of your project. With the things in order from top to bottom in importance to you and their size to show that too. I really liked the way you mathced the iPod and the flag even thought you didn't mean to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how you emphasized the flag. It really showed that culture is important to you. Putting pictures of your family and then the ipod really showed what important to you and that your family oriented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adi I liked how all the aspects of the portrait fell under the Puerto Rican flag, it made it seem like the overall theme was being Puerto Rican. The pictures mixed with drawing gave it many different ways of looking at it. By this I mean it incorporated lots of different art techniques which all could be looked at in different ways. The b-ball hoop was interesting how it came off the flag making it seem like it also fell under the theme of Puerto Rico. Good Job. (Latino Power)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked how you stayed true to your roots and keep the flag on top and how you layered your family under it! It really shows how much your family and heritage means to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed looking at your artwork it really showed me a lot about you that I didn't know. In your portrait you used a lot of principles of design regarding, spacing, grouping, contrast, and proportion to show importance. For instance since your puerto-rican heritage is a big part of your life you made it the biggest part of your portrait and since music is a part of your life but isn't that important to you it was the smallest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked how you made your most imporant part the large flag and your family that really made it seem more important to you. Last the way you organized your pictures were like sound beats which connected to your love of music.

    ReplyDelete